The government of Pakistan started the Sehat Sahulat Program in 2023. The purpose of this program is to offer medical and health services to Pakistanis who belong to poor and unprivileged communities in Pakistan. The program is funded by the government and is managed by the National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination (NHSRC).
It is a free micro health insurance program that aids the underprivileged by offering medical services to those who cannot afford proper care. The Sehat program is a critical step toward improving social welfare. The target audience for this program is those citizens who are in need and who can access the appropriate medical care facilities without facing any financial hardships.
Sehat Sahulat Program 8500
Under the Sehat program, all medical and surgical procedures, hospitality, maternity, and consultative services are free, and you can avail of any medical service from private and public hospitals without any cost. The Sehat Insaf Card is used to cover all costs and charges. If you don’t have a Sehat Insaf card yet, you can register and get one for free medical services. Over 100 million people have registered for the program since its launch. 20 million medical treatments are provided to beneficiaries. The government has saved billions of rupees in healthcare expenses for needy and deserving people.
Objectives of the 8500 Sehat Program:
Goals and objectives are the driving forces behind every Ehsass program. So there are also some main objectives and benefits of the Sehat program. The following is a list of some goals, including:
- The objective is to provide free access to quality healthcare services.
- The objective is to reduce the financial burden on households that cannot afford medical expenses.
- The objective is to increase access to healthcare services to prevent illness.
- The goal is to increase awareness of health issues among illiterate people who live in underprivileged communities.
Eligibility Criteria for the 8500 Sehat Card:
Government of Pakistan set eligibility criteria for the Sehat program. The reason behind the criteria is to reduce the chances of fraud and make sure that benefits reach those who genuinely need them the most. The applicant should meet the eligibility criteria to register for the program.
Here is the list of eligibility criteria issued by the government:
- The applicant should be a permanent citizen of Pakistan.
- The applicant should be registered with NADRA and have a valid CNIC to be eligible for the SSP.
- The applicant’s household income should be below poverty line.
Sehat Sahulat Program Online Registration
The government streamlines the process of registration by introducing an online registration process. This online registration initiative gathers all individuals who need SSP facilities under a single platform.
Here is the step-by-step procedure for the registration of SSP:
- Visit the official website of 8500 Sehat Sahulat program.
- Enter your ID card number and the code written in the image.
- Please confirm your CNIC number before entering.
- After submitting information, you can check your eligibility.
- You may be eligible to receive benefits from the Sehat program if your eligibility is verified.
Sehat Sahulat Program 8500 CNIC Check By SMS
Individuals who don’t have access to register themselves online or check their eligibility by using a web portal don’t need to worry. They can check their CNIC by just sending a text with a specific code designed for SSP.
Here is the procedure to check your eligibility via SMS:
- Open the SMS app on your mobile phone.
- Then send a message on 8500 by using the SIM registered on your own CNIC number.
- Send your 13-digit CNIC number to 8500.
- Then you’ll receive a text according to your eligibility.
Sehar Insaf Card 8500
By using the Sehat Insaf Card, individuals can get free treatment from hospitals. If you are suffering from any serious disease and do not have enough money for treatment, you can register yourself for the Sehat card and get free treatment from a public or private hospital.
By following the instructions below, you can apply for a Sehat Insaf card with ease:
- First of all, you need to check your eligibility.
- You can easily check your eligibility by sending a text message with your 13-digit CNIC to 8500.
- Then they will confirm if you are eligible or not for this program.
- If you are eligible, then you can get your Sehat Insaf card from card distributor center in your district.
- You must keep your CNIC with you while collecting Sehat Insaf Card.
Now you can use your Sehat Insaf Card to get free treatment from any hospital. The cardholder and their family can visit any enlisted hospital and get free treatment. But Indivisuals should keep in mind to get the Original CNIC of the cardholder, the CNIC of the member who needs treatment or b-form in case the patient is a child.
Sehat Sahulat Helpline:
In case you need any detailed information or you are using a Sehat Insaf card and the hospital staff are demanding money, you can contact them at 0800-09009.
The government started the Sehat Sahulat Program for the welfare of needy and deserving people who cannot afford their medical expenses. The Sehat Insaf Card provides free treatments to deserving indigents.