In 2021, the Pakistani government launched the program in conjunction with the State Bank of Pakistan, insurance providers, and other interested parties. The Pakistani government introduced the Ehsaas Tahafuz Program as a sehal sahulat social initiative to enhance people’s health. The aim of this program is to provide financial assistance to low-income or poor families that are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Under this program, treatment for medical conditions is provided to individuals who don’t have a Prime Minister’s Sehat Card.
Ehsaas Tahafuz Program 2023
This program offers cost-free hospital treatment in the event of a serious accident. In addition to free medical care, deserving low-income families also receive financial aid. Emergency assistance is given in a crisis situation before any other checks are conducted. The Ehsaas Tahafuz Program team pays all of the hospital bills and associated expenses. The Holy Hospital in Rawalpindi served as the program’s initial launch location. However, this program is now being offered at 14 tertiary care hospitals in the provinces of Punjab, Sindh, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Islamabad.
Read: Bisp Tehsil Office
Objectives of the Ehsaas Tahafuz Program
So here are some main goals or objectives of the Ehsaas Tahafuz Program:
Eligibility Criteria for the Ehsaas Tahafuz Program
To ensure that those who genuinely need the benefit receive it, the government has established criteria for this program.
The government has established the following list of requirements for eligibility:
Ehsaas Tahafuz Program Online Registration
To speed up the application and selection processes, the Ehsaas Tahafuz Program has implemented a well-planned online registration system. This online registration system enhances transparency and accountability.
Step-by-step Procedure of the Online Registration Process:
The Tahafuz Program’s online registration process is described in the following step-by-step format:
- The applicant should visit the official website of Ehsaas Tahafuz Program.
- Click on the Register tab on the website.
- Provide all the required information on the registration form, including your name, CNIC number, household income, and, if you are disabled, a disability certificate.
- After completing the registration form, make a monthly premium payment.
- Submit your application once the process is finished.
- According to the registration form, a successful applicant will be notified at your contact number, and then they are eligible for the mode of payment.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Registration via SMS:
If a person does not have access to register themselves, they can still do so by sending a text.
Ehsaas Tahafuz Card
For members of Ehsaas Tahafuz under the Ehsaas Program, this program offers a card facility. For deserving and low-income families, this card is intended to provide health insurance. This card is used to avail of medical facilities and treatment for free. It attempts to provide financial insurance against catastrophic medical costs that may otherwise plunge these families into poverty.
You must take the following actions in order to obtain the Ehsaas Tahafuz Card:
- You must determine your eligibility before registering for the Tahafuz Card because this program is intended for vulnerable individuals.
- Eligible individuals need to register for the card facility. Registration centers and online portals are assembled for this purpose. Alternatively, you can text your CNIC to 8500 to check your eligibility.
- Fill out the registration form by providing all necessary information.
- Your application will be verified to see if you’re eligible for this program or not.
- You will be able to get your Ehsaas Tahafuz Card once the verification process is finished.
Ehsaas Tahafuz Helpline
Individuals who don’t receive any applications regarding their eligibility, or those who want any information about the Tahafuz Program can contact the Tahafuz Helpline at:
This program was started by the government to help deserving and underprivileged people whose lives have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. The aim of this program is to alleviate poverty and reduce the financial burden on those who cannot afford high rates of treatments, surgeries, and medicines. Eligible families receive health insurance coverage from private insurance companies.