The Ehsaas Panahgah Program is an initiative launched by Ex-Prime Minister Imran Khan. The government realizes the pain of poor and middle-class citizens who don’t have shelters to stay in. Mostly those poor labourers who moved to urban areas for work and to earn but don’t have a place to stay and cannot afford food at once. Those who are staying on roads, footpaths, darbar, etc., and spending their cold nights without blankets can have benefits through this Ehsaas Program.
The government launched the Ehsaas program to provide shelter and meals to homeless people. Basically, this program provides a safe and clean environment to the person of daily wages who are working in other cities for their families and are unable to bear the expenses of housing, food, and meals. The PM started this program in 2017 and 5 Panagah were installed in Lahore and now there are 39 models in different parts of the country. The Panahgah in Taunsa Sharif and Lahore was run by a social welfare society and an average of 500 people can stay at a time.
Facilities Provided in Ehsaas Panahgah Program:
As this program is launched to provide a better environment to poor and middle-class individuals or families, here is the list of facilities provided to individuals in Panagah:
- Around 100-bed facilities are provided for overnight stays for individuals.
- Morning and night free meals are available for almost 500 people.
- Separate rooms for men and women, clean water to drink, and separate washrooms for micturitions are provided for daily wage earners.
- A laundry and housekeeping service is available for 7 days for an individual.
- A candidate has a limit of 3 days to stay in Panagah but if he had to work for a few more days in the city he can increase his duration by requesting Panahgah management.
- Well-trained staff is available at Panagah to take care of hospitality, food safety and hygiene, health safety, environment, housekeeping, and exercising regular monitoring of amenities.
Also Read: Ehsaas Nashonuma Program
Objective of Ehsaas Panahgah Program:
Every Ehsaas program has some goals behind them like to make improvements in society or to help and boost the individuals living life in poverty or belonging to unprivileged areas.
Here are some objectives of Ehsaas Panahgah program:
- The main objective of this program is to provide shelter to poor employees, workpeople, laborers, and low-income persons.
- Objective of this program is to provide a safe place to sleep for homeless people.
- To improve the nobility and self-respect of homeless people.
- The objective is to reduce the number of people sleeping on roads and footpaths.
- The objective of this program is to prompt social unity and cooperation.
- The objective is to put a stop to deaths or injuries from harsh weather conditions, especially floods, earthquakes, and heat waves.
- By involving residents of Ehsaas Panahgahin in the management and maintenance of facilities employment opportunities will increase for them.
Also Read: Ehsaas Rashan Program
Eligibility Criteria for Ehsaas Panahgah Program:
The government of Punjab has set specific criteria for individuals who want to register for the program. This eligibility criteria is set to provide benefits who genuinely need them.
Here is the following eligibility criteria, the applicant must meet the criteria for registration:
- Individuals or families who are homeless and living on the street or roads are eligible for this program.
- Individuals who don’t have any source of income and cannot afford food at the time.
- Those individuals who are at risk such as women, children, elderly individuals, and disabled persons.
- The applicant should be a citizen of Pakistan and must have an I’d card.
How to register online for Ehsaas Panahgah Program?
Government has provided a facility for online registration for easy access to the program to all deserving and needy people all over the country. If any individual registers themself online under this Panagah program can easily avail of the shelter facility from Ehsaas Panagah in any city or country.
Step-by-step Procedure of Online Registration:
Here is the step-by-step procedure to register yourself in Ehsaas Panagah:
- Applicants should visit the official website of Ehsaas Panahgah Program
- Now click on the registration form.
- Then enter your name, age, contact number, and CNIC on the registration form.
- After the registration process, submit your application.
After the submission process, you’ll have the facility to stay in any Panagah in different cities.
How to get Enroll in Ehsaas Panagah?
If you want to enroll yourself in Ehsaas Panagah, visit the nearest Ehsaas Panagah center according to your location. Then move to the Help Desk and ask them for shelter. After that, he/she will ask for your CNIC to check if you’re eligible. To be eligible for this program you must belong to a different city or you should be homeless. After verification, the supervisor will tell you that you can stay there at night and get a free meal.
Ehsaas Panahgah Contact number or helpline:
In case, you want to have any information or have any questions regarding program you can call or contact Ehsaas Panah Gah Contact Number: (042) 99232178-9.
The government of Pakistan has started this initiative to provide shelters to homeless people who are working in different cities for their families and cannot afford house rent expenses. This program helps to improve the lives of many people by providing them with shelter or many other opportunities or facilities.