For the benefit of underprivileged and deserving citizens, former prime minister Imran Khan established the Ehsaas koi Bhooka na Soye Program. This Ehsaas program aims to meet the issue of hunger and malnutrition by providing food facilities to the marginalized society of Pakistan. Free cooked meals are distributed among needy children, women, and men, particularly laborers and daily wage earners. This program offers food to approximately 80,000 needy people in 29 different cities.
This Program was announced on January 1, 2021. The program was started in Rawalpindi and Islamabad only, but now it is also in Faisalabad, Multan, Peshawar, and Lahore. The government makes sure that no one can sleep hungry, reduces poverty, and prompts social and economic development in Pakistan. The 2 Ehsaas food truck was initially launched for the transportation of food. Each truck has the capacity to feed 1500 to 2,000 people per day and is parked at specific points in cities. There are professional chefs for the preparation of dishes, servants who serve the meal, and all the eating accessories like glasses, plates, spoons, and jugs.
In order to provide workers with food, these food trucks are stationed around the clock in all of the city’s key locations, including workplaces, hospitals, bus stops, and train stations. Many people donate to this program from different cities and countries to spread it all over the country.
Objectives of the Ehsaas Koi Bhooka na Soye Program:
Every Ehsaas Program is put in place to achieve a few objectives for the welfare of those who are poor and deserving.
Here are some of the main objectives of the program:
- The main goal is to decrease hunger, poverty, and malnutrition among Pakistan’s marginalized population.
- To prompt social inclusivity and reduce discrepancies between different parts of society.
- To provide food assistance to poor laborers and deserving individuals.
- To provide an equal environment for all citizens.
- The main objective is to increase government aid in Pakistan.
Eligibility Criteria for the Ehsaas Koi Bhooka na Soye Program:
The eligibility criteria for the program were set up to make sure that those who need the benefits the most are given them. The eligibility requirements are made to accommodate a variety of vulnerable groups, such as low-income families, those who work daily, etc.
Here is the list of eligibility criteria:
- Citizens of Pakistan should be involved.
- Individuals who need food assistance are eligible for this program.
- The program is open to low-income families and households with an annual income of less than 20,000 Rupees.
- Deserving people, poor men, women, and children, as well as daily wage workers and laborers, are eligible for this program.
How do I register online for the Ehsaas Koi Bhooka na Soye Program?
The government has made the process more accessible and efficient through the online registration process. The online registration procedure makes it easier for those who need the program but are unable to enroll as participants.
Step-by-step procedure for Online Registration:
- The applicant should visit the official website of Ehsaas Koi Bhooka na Soye.
- After visiting the website, Click on the registration form.
- Fill out the registration form by providing all necessary information.
- The information may include name, address, phone number, and CNIC number. They must also provide information about their family size and income.
- After completing the registration form, click on the Submit button.
- You will be contacted by PASSD after your application has been submitted, and you must speak with their eligibility department.
- If the applicant is eligible, then he/she will receive a registration card that they can use to collect food from the distribution points.
Registration Process by Visiting Ehsaas Center:
If, for some reason, you are unable to register online, you can still sign up for this program by doing what is described below:
- Individuals should visit the nearest Ehsaas center from their location.
- You can also contact PASSD for the registration process.
- Once your registration is complete, you’ll be given a registration card.
- This card will help you get the meal under Ehsaas Program.
Ehsaas Koi Bhoka na Soye Program Fund 2023:
Many people send funds and donations from other countries for the program. Due to these donations and funding, this program is developing day by day. People used to send the money to Bank Al Habib. Bank Al Habib is accepting all donations for this program. But now, Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif has closed this free-meal scheme. So that’s why people stop sending donations for the program.
Ehsaas Koi Bhooka na Soye Program Timing:
The Ehsaas Koi Bhoka na Soye Program has set timings and spots for Ehsaas Trucks.
- In Rawalpindi at Liaqat Abad, between 12:15 and 1:00 PM (Lunch),
- In Islamabad at Khanna Pull, between 12:15 and 1:00 PM
- In Peshawar at Karkhana market, between 12:15 and 1:00 PM.
The Ehsaas Koi Bhooka na Soye Program was established by the government for the benefit of deserving but poor people who cannot afford to buy food on a daily basis. The aim of this program is to create an environment of dignity and inclusivity, reduce poverty and hunger, and try our best to ensure that no one goes to sleep hungry.